If you buy Amazon items through Amazon Smile and set it to support Broxbourne Church of England Primary School Association, the school receives 0.5% back from your Amazon purchases. If you go onto settings on the Amazon app, you are also able to set up smile on your phone. If every parent in the school did this, we would get a lot of money back from Amazon!
Go to Easy Fundraising and select Broxbourne Primary School PTA as the charity to support. The PTA will get cashback when you buy items from over 4,000 retailers. You can set up a notification which pops up whenever you are on a site that uses Easy Fundraising, to remind you, which makes it really easy.
Did you know that by just being a member of our school, you automatically become a member of the PTA? A PTA is for everyone, it is a great way to bring together parents and teachers who are interested in supporting the school and is also a lot of fun.
All parents and teachers can get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available. Our PTA is a real partnership where both groups working together have developed a valuable relationship between home and school.
What does the PTA do?
- Fundraises by way of special events or activities in school to help the school provide “extras” for the children.
- Runs social events for parents and children.
- Enables people from across the school to meet and get to know one other.The PTA committee is made up of a team of parents and teacher representatives of the whole school community. The committee meets at school monthly, to discuss fundraising ideas and how to spend money raised. Our meetings are very informal and newcomers are always welcome.
The PTA committee is made up of a team of parents and teacher representatives of the whole school community. The committee meets at school monthly, to discuss fundraising ideas and how to spend money raised. Our meetings are very informal and newcomers are always welcome.
Our class representatives undertake a very important role. There are usually two representatives per class who provide a link between individual classes, parents and the PTA committee. The support from class representatives is vital when it comes to organising our main events. They take charge of their individual class stalls for both the summer and Christmas fairs and, with the support of the PTA committee, organise rotas of help and donations. We really could not manage without them.
Please check our school calendar for forthcoming PTA events.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Annual General Meeting lasts less than an hour, and is held in October at the beginning of the academic year. It is an opportunity for all parents to come along and hear in more detail about events, funds raised and how the money has been spent. It is also the occasion when we elect our new committee and class representatives.
AGM Treasurers Report 2020
Our achievements to date
We are very proud of our hard work and what we have managed to achieve for our school and the children who attend. In partnership with the school we have been able to provide the following:
- funding for school science week
- Christmas pantomime and class Christmas parties
- JIGSAW resources to help children develop emotional resilience
- interactive whiteboards for a number of classrooms
- new playground
- playground markings
- first aid training for every child in Year 6
- contribution towards Bibles for every child in Years 2 and 6
- replenishment of the playbark around the pirate ship play area
- playground boxes
- shed for EYFS storage
- iPads for all classes
- refurbished library
- first trim trail area
We are very grateful for all the parental support which enables us to provide our children with so many opportunities.